To help encourage conversations and dialogue about focusing one’s goals and outlining steps to attain them, our topic(s)/question(s) of the week are: What goal(s) do you want to focus on over the last month of this school year? What step(s) are you taking to meet this/these goal(s)? Actionable Steps (Week of 5/12/19) (This is an anonymous Google Form)
Blake's Guiding Lights
Blake's Core Values: Respect, Responsibility, Resourcefulness, Reflection
Our Essential Question: How can we cultivate and curate the progression of student learning and growth?
Our Mission: Blake Middle School believes in a living mission statement, based on the concept that our community seeks and respects knowledge, integrity, character, wisdom, and the willingness to adapt to a continually evolving world.
It was lovely to see the sun out for a few days last week, and Friday evening’s sunlit sky and sunset was a welcome sight to start the weekend! After spending most of Saturday at Concord-Carlisle High School for the spring Challenge Success conference, we headed to Newburyport to celebrate my nephew and neice’s birthday with extended family. On Sunday we had a family day to celebrate Mother’s Day - seeing Avengers: Endgame, hoping to get outside with the kids, and having a celebratory dinner with my parents.
Topic/Question of the Week (Week of 5/5/19): What can you do to become 'less busy' and find time to step back and 'do nothing'?
Sampling of responses...
- I have not tried this, but have read that scheduling downtime into your day is a very effective way to ensure finding time for yourself. Along the lines of scheduling, making a clear plan each morning of what needs to be accomplished in the day and when it will be completed often helps to ensure there is some time at the end of the day for yourself. Recognizing and avoiding over-scheduling your day is key, often some work can be done in small chunks over several days or you might realize it is not of high priority and can be set aside for another day. Having a plan to navigate your day / week is essential.
- Physically leave my house and go somewhere else for that purpose.
- I do appreciate trick questions, and this feels like a 'trick question'
- Either walk somewhere and not really have an agenda...or, sit down and look out the window and look at the beauty of life!
- I can take some moments to look out my window and just enjoy the sky. This always brings me peace.
- Leave my clean laundry in the laundry basket
- Well I have too much homework and sports - so I cannot do anything about it really
- Finish needed work during times you don’t have anything
- Just save time to relax and breathe
- Not sign up for literally everything
- Finish things (hw) early
- Have less homework
- Don't check e-mail
- Using time wisely and not spending forever on homework because I am distracted
- Do homework quickly
- This is easy...put my phone down.
- Put my phone down
- Drop facebook
I look forward to the work that lies ahead for all of us.
Enjoy the week and take care.
Please click here for Blake Updates.
Please click here for Thursday Packet Information.